Monday, May 26, 2014

Fruit Week II-Papaya Ruffian

Hi there everyone, and happy Monday and Memorial Day.  I hope you have a fantastic day planned, but I would just like to take a second to thank all of those brave men and women who have served and who are serving to keep us safe and preserving our freedom.  I hope we can all just take a second and be thankful today.  

This week is a special week because it's a continuation of a fun concept from last year...fruit week!  Last year in July, I came up with a fruit design and people liked it so much that I turned it into a full week of different fruit designs.  I made kiwi nails, a dragonfruit ruffian, grapefruit slices, three different watermelon designs, and cherry nails.  This week I will be bringing you seven different fruit manis that will be completely different than last year.  Can you tell I'm excited?  :)  Also one more quick thing...tomorrow's TT theme is a follower requested mani so if you have a fruit you would like me to re-create, leave me a comment below!

Today I'm kicking things off with a papaya ruffian.  I've never actually had papaya before so I'm not sure what it tastes like haha!  I saw one split open at the store on Friday and thought that it would be a great way to kick off the week.


To create this look, I started with a base of the yellow leaning green, Zoya Tilda.  When looking up pictures of papaya, I noticed a pinker more mauvy toned flesh and an orange toned flesh so I wanted to incorporate both.  For the orange papayas, I used OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go? and for the mauvy papayas, I used Essie Mamba.

To create the insides, I started with a dotting tool and used Essie Licorice to create the black dots.  I then came in with an orange that is on the sheer side, Zoya Cole, and used a dotting tool to spread it around the seeds and throughout the seeds.  I finished off with one coat of topcoat.

 



There you go, kicking off fruit week with something a little more exotic.  I would love to know what you think of this design and if you have a specific fruit for me to try, leave me a comment down below!

7 comments:

  1. I am unreasonably excited for fruit week!!! These are too cute. I think banana nails would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look - it's super cute and unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love the papaya ruffian idea :)) so many fruits that can be painted in this manner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This ruffain is great! I loved the fruit nails you came up with last time- I cannot wait to see what you come up with this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes more fruit manis!!! I love them, this is so nice looking, reminds me of your dragonfruit!

    ReplyDelete