Thursday, May 8, 2014

LE OPI Sally's 50th Anniversary Polishes

Hi everyone, welcome to Thursday.  Man am I waiting for it to be Friday.  I'm also pretty sure we skipped Spring here.  I wasn't here last week but I was told that it was in the 30's and 40's.  Yesterday, it was over 90 degrees.  No wonder I feel like a drowsy zombie!  I am excited for the warmer weather because we are planting our garden this weekend.  Normally we are really planned out with what we are growing but this year isn't the case.  We have a huge space for our garden so we can grow a ton of different things.  We definitely will be doing tomatoes, zucchini, and snap peas.  We are debating doing onions and potatoes but we've never grown either and beets, carrots, and corn are still on the table.  I guess that's what I will be brainstormed during work today ;)  We get really into our garden in the Summer as evidenced by our nine fruit trees, garden, raspberry bush, and garlic growing all along the side of the property.

Today I have two polishes that I am really excited to show you.  These two polishes are limited edition and were created for Sally Beauty's 50th anniversary and I believe that's the only place you can find them.  I had never heard of these polishes until I saw them in the Sally's ad for this week.  Of course, the limited edition bell went off in my brain and I was out hunting for them on Tuesday after work :)


First up is OPI Pop the Cork!  I was a little meh about this one when I saw it in the ad but in person and on the nail I fell in love with it.  This polish is a glitterbomb of gold and silver glitter in a clear base.  It's very dense and I only needed one coat for the look you see above and below.  My base is OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around and I finished off with topcoat.



The second color is OPI 50 is the New Fabulous.  This polish is a bright mid-tone magenta pink cream.  I was told that this is a close dupe to OPI Pink Flamenco but surprisingly I don't own that polish so I can't confirm that.  It's not a new color by any means but I have to say that this polish basically applied itself.  I was pretty close to only needing one coat and the formula was buttery smooth and perfect.  I used two coats with topcoat below.




Overall I am really pleased with both of these polishes.  I am obsessed with the glitter, so much so that I wore it yesterday as an accent nail and considered wearing it again today when I took off my polish.  The pink isn't original but the formula is so outstanding that I can't help but love it.  Do you plan on hunting for these polishes?  Let me know down below!

15 comments:

  1. So pretty!!! Yes, I will most definitely be making at trip to my local Sally's for these!! Oh and your gardens sound amazing!! I would love to have a vast array of fruit trees but since we live in the middle of the woods, the deer make me nervous. I do want to do a raised garden though. When I was younger we had a ginormous garden with everything you could think of! Even had giant sunflowers at the very edge that I would pick the seeds out of and eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 is the new Fabulous is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to refrain from buying these because I think they're a little dull but I am a sucker for limited-edition/exclusive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There both pretty polishes but I love that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know if Pop The Cork is a dupe for NBOPI Kissed At Midnight from the Selena Gomez collection? I don't want to waste my time chasing down a dupe! :) Your swatches are beautiful by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, I have no idea! I don't have that polish, sorry! Thank you for the kind words though :)

      Delete
  6. Fabulous is right--that is a stunning pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gold glitter looks brilliant on your hands! Sorry for not commenting on your blog more often :( I have been busy and behind with commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Paulina, I've been busy myself so I completely understand ;)

      Delete
  8. I picked both of these up last weekend and I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man....I almost bought these yesterday, but talked myself out of it. I think you changed my mind.

    I'm jealous of your garden plans. My thumb is so black, I'm surprised we have grass in the yard, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol you're right! Spring was totally skipped haha
    Gorgeous polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, i would like to ask if you are willing to sell OPI Pop The Cork! to me? I am residing in Singapore and will pay for the shipping fees. Pls let me know :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete