Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Colors of the Rainbow Gradient

Hi there everyone, welcome to Wednesday.  I am still recovering from my shellfish incident, but I did go home at lunch time yesterday and slept for a straight two and a half hours, then ended up going to bed at 9:30pm.  That's pretty much all that went on yesterday, sitting in a Benedryll induced stupor.  

Today I have a manicure that I did last Sunday.  It's not exactly what I had planned but I figured I would show it anyways!


I used a makeup sponge and my Liquid Palisade to do my gradient and I started with a base of OPI Alpine Snow which is a plain bright white.  The colors I used were:

Pointer-Maybelline Coral Crush, Maybelline Coral Heat, Essie Fear or Desire
Middle-Maybelline Bleached in Peach, Barielle Banana Drop, Barielle Mint Ice Cream Cone
Ring-OPI You Are so Outta Lime, China Glaze At Vase Value, China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle
Pinky-Essie In the Cab-ana, OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender, Maybelline Ultra Violet

I then finished off with one coat of Seche Vite.




Let me know what you think of this mani.  I think the pointer finger is out of place because it's too bright.  Maybe I'll give it another try with different colors.  Have a great Wednesday everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better! I actually quite like this rainbow gradient. Its so fun and appropriate for summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to feeling better soon! Such a scary situation to be in, especially if you've never had any allergies to it before!! I love Maybelline Coral Crush, I used it in some nail art the other day and while I was making my design I'm kicking myself for not wearing it as a full mani. I actually love how this turned out and every finger jives together in my opinion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pointer is a bit brighter than the rest, but I don't think that detracts from the overall design. I love rainbow gradients!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous!! :o

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful gradient!! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I wouldn't be able to get any work done because I'd be too busy staring at my nails!

    ReplyDelete