Thursday, May 22, 2014

Essie Haute in the Heat Collection (Part 1)

Hi there guys, welcome to Thursday.  I woke up this morning and can definitely say that I feel loads better.  I ended up leaving work at lunch yesterday and napping and resting the rest of the day.  I feel much more normal today though, and I don't look like a hobo stumbled into work :)  I also would like to point out that I must be the only person that didn't realize that Memorial Day was this weekend.  I'm not sure how I missed that but I didn't figure it out until yesterday.

Today I have three polishes from the Essie Haute in the Heat Collection.  This collection was a complete surprise to me since the Too Taboo collection just came out.  I randomly saw these polishes at Kohls and couldn't figure out what they were until I saw a random press release.  They only had a few colors and I have yet to find the rest.  I know for sure there's a bright orange, which I skipped on, and a chocolate brown and a cream nude, which are the two I'm looking for.


First up is Essie Strut Your Stuff.  Look at that bright blue!!!  This polish is a bright medium marine blue cream.  The formula on this one was fantastic and I needed two easy coats.  I did use topcoat for all the swatches.  One thing to note is that this one did leave a blue stain on my nails after a few minutes.



Next up is Essie Ruffles & Feathers which is a really interesting green.  This polish reminds me of the jungle green crayon in the Crayola box.  Does anyone else relate colors back to Crayola colors?  I do!  This polish is a medium jungle green cream with a great formula.  I used two easy coats plus topcoat.




Last up is a color that looks very familiar!  Essie Haute in the Heat is the namesake of the collection and it's a deep pink leaning red.  This one is extremely similar to Essie Watermelon as well as Essie Style Hunter.  I did compare them on a swatch wheel and Watermelon is the lightest, Style Hunter is one shade darker than Watermelon, and this one is a touch more raspberry than the other two.  The formula however is amazing on this one!  I only needed one coat, it was so opaque.  I used one coat plus topcoat.




Have you heard of this collection before and do you plan on picking any up?  Hopefully I'll be able to find the other part of the collection soon :)

12 comments:

  1. Amazing! :)
    Can I see your comparisons between 'Haute in the Heat', 'Watermelon' and 'Style Hunter'? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did a quick comparison, it's the newest post on the blog. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! That blue, I think I might need it, like right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This collection snuck up on me too! That blue is so awesome, but I feel like I might have a couple dupes. And Haute In The Heat does look like Style Hunter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Yep, those pinky reds are all very similar!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear your feeling much better. This collection has some great colors so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa. I'm really impressed with all three colors so hopefully the rest are good :)

      Delete
  5. Picked up Urban Jungle (the cream) from this collection at Rite Aid. It's a sort of grayed down cream that I thought would be more sand/nude on- but it was just way too white once I got it on my nails. Threw a coat of China Glaze Innocence over it to cut down the whiteness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely have to get Strut Your Stuff! Thank you for your lovely swatches and review! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that pigmentation! No wonder the blue stained a little bit...the colours are so gorgeously saturated!

    ReplyDelete