Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fruit Week II-Teeny Tiny Grapes

Hi everyone and welcome to Wednesday.  I want to thank everyone for your kind words when I expressed my uncertainty about continuing youtube.  I honestly didn't know if anyone even cared but now that I see that people do, I am much less inclined to just quit altogether.  My biggest concern was using work time to watch videos but yesterday I proved to myself that I can stop doing that.  I think I just need to sit down and take some time to organize a schedule and things will be much better.  So, thank you to everyone who left an encouraging comment yesterday, it did make a difference.  I also took some time to relax last night and just hang out, which I think I needed :)

Fruit week continues on and I have to admit that I have had so much fun coming up with all these new fruit designs, even my husband throws around his thoughts for how to make the fruit look more realistic :)  For today's fruit, I chose to make teeny tiny bunches of grapes.  I hadn't planned on doing grapes but I found a picture that had all three colors and that inspired what you see below.  It's funny because I had never tried red grapes until I was an adult.  My mom only would buy green grapes so I assumed that all red grapes had seeds in them.  Do you have a grape preference? ;)


First, I'll start out with what I did and then I will break down the many colors that I used.  This look was super simple to create and the only tool I used was a small dotting tool.  I started with one layer of dots, let them dry, and then went in with a second lighter color in the same tone to give the bunches more depth.  I finished off with the stems and then topcoat.

Polishes used:

Base-Zoya Dot
Stems-OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys
Green Bunches-OPI Did It on Em and Maybelline Color Show Lime Accent
Red Bunches-OPI 20 Candles on my Cake and Zoya Kate
Purple Bunches-OPI Honk if you Love OPI and OPI Pamplona Purple




I really like the final look of this mani, especially with how easy it was to make.  It's definitely something that could be done on the non-dominant hand as well.  Let me know what you think down below! 

5 comments:

  1. These are some cute looking grapes! They look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I love red grapes - they're my favourite out of the 3! The base colour works really well too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun! I'm really loving fruit week :)

    We usually get red grapes because they're usually sweeter than the green ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mani is amazing! It's so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for grapes! I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete