Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Bubbles

Hi there polish friends, welcome to Tuesday, where we are just glad it isn't Monday.  I didn't sleep on Sunday night so I'm dragging a bit today.  I am excited however for a few reasons.  I filmed a bunch of videos last night, I have a crapton of new polish to swatch that I got in the mail yesterday, and I found part of the newest Essie collection, Haute in the Heat, early at Kohls of all places so I picked up three of those colors yesterday.  I also have the OPI Neons, my Zoya Earth Day Haul, and nine harder to find OPIs that I found on vacation.  I'm going to need a major swatch fest this weekend :)
  
Onto the theme for today's Twinsie Tuesday, bubbles.  I looked at the prompt of "bubbles" on Saturday and honestly thought what the heck am I going to do?  I wouldn't have thought that I couldn't come up with a nail design but this one was a tough one.  However, I do love what I came up with.


This look was super simple to create!  I started with a base of Julep Jules which is a pretty light pink cream that I received in my Julep box this month.  I then used Lac Attack Imagine and dug out some polish and put it on a paper plate.  With a tiny nail art brush I placed the glitter on the nail in a gradient pattern.  I liked this because I thought it combined classic bubble colors like blue and white with more whimsical colors of bubbles (think pink bubbles of the Good Witch in the Wizard of Oz).  I then finished with one coat of topcoat.



I'd love to know what you think of my bubble interpretation.  Don't forget to check out the other Twinsies below.  Have a great Tuesday everyone!


Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra

13 comments:

  1. This looks lovely! Love that topper on such a soft background colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the color combo in that glitter topper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this is lovely! Imagine is the perfect polish for a bubble mani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out gorgeous! I love how soft and airy this manicure feels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bubbly gradient - lovely look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Love the colors in this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pink and green so this manicure is aces in my book! And any reference to the Wizard of Oz automatically makes me fond of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Erin!! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this glitter! It is especially beautiful with pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg this is the perfect polish for this prompt! I love how this looks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just perfect! I love this use of circle glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Circle Glitter!!!!!! What a perfect way to interpret today's theme! Well last weeks theme...i'm late on the commenting lol

    ReplyDelete