Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Post and Video: Favorite Red Polishes

Hi there everyone, happy Hump Day.  I hope your week is going well.  The weather has been so crazy here.  One day we're turning on the air conditioning because it's so hot and humid in our house and then today I have a coat on.  I also got my car back from the shop...it's been there eight days.  I had to have parts of the outside repainted and all six windows replaced after the power line exploded at work and sprayed molten metal all over.  I won't be parking in that spot anymore!  Not much else exciting is going on here unless you count this morning when I spilled Kix cereal all over my pantry.  When I left the house, one of the cats was feverishly trying to get in so she could eat them (we have a lock on it for that reason).  If that sounds strange I'll leave you with the list of things she has eaten in the past....popcorn, marshmallows, various cereals, chips, crab from the shell, cheese crackers, raw chicken, raw bacon, freshly baked cake (twice), and pizza.  All of those things include either breaking into packaged food, digging them out of trash, or literally stealing them off your plate.

Anyways, back to the task at hand.  I also wanted to let you know if you get through this entire post, there will be some secret information at the end!  Today I am bringing you my favorite red polishes in my entire collection.  Before I start I would like to note that more in depth information is available in my video and that red is my least favorite polish color to wear.  You will notice that most of my favorites are either pink leaning or more of a coral red.  Let's get right to it.


Maybelline Color Show Coral Crush-I checked this weekend and this one is still available in stores.  This polish was my first Maybelline polish and I love it's soft coral color.  I can't even count how many times I wore this last Summer and I continue to love it.

OPI Toucan Do It if You Try-This orangy coral cream is from the new Brazil collection.

OPI Live.Love.Carnaval.-This one looks really inconspicuous in the bottle but on the nail it lights up.  This one is a vibrant coral red cream and it was love at first polish swipe.

Zoya Yana-This pink leaning red cream was from the Zoya Summer collection last year and it reminds me of a juicy red Starburst.


OPI A Definite Moust-Have-Another coral cream with a hint of silver shimmer.

OPI Red Lights Ahead Where?-This polish is a vibrant creamy red and I included it because it is my favorite red to stamp with.

Essie Snap Happy-Like the previous polish, I included this one because it is my favorite red to use in nail art.  This is more of a true red with a crelly formula.

Sweet Heart Polish Jordan's A Star-This polish is a mix of red squares, hot pink circles, and red stars in a clear base.  This one is so fun over a teal blue polish.


Essie Style Hunter-A new favorite for me, this polish came out recently in Essie's Spring collection.  Style Hunter is one shade darker than Essie Watermelon and it's a deeper pink leaning red cream.

OPI Dutch Tulips-This one is another favorite that is comparable to Essie Style Hunter.  This polish is available in OPI's core collection and is a pink leaning deeper red cream.

OPI Lost on Lombard-This polish was one of my favorites last year from OPI's San Francisco collection, which really surprised me.  This one is a brick red cream but it doesn't lean warm on the nail.  I wore the heck out of this color last Fall.



There you have it, my favorite red polishes.  I would love to know what your favorite red polish is, so if you would, leave me a comment down below.  Maybe I will have to get some of your favorites :)  Now for my secret....I will be having another giveaway soon!  Last night I picked out my favorite oranges and favorite yellows and I realized I have a spare bottle of one of my favorite yellows.  I will have a giveaway when that post goes up along with some additional polish prizes.  If you remember the secret from this post, you can get additional entries in the giveaway, yay!

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty reds! I can't decide which one is my favourite lol!

    xo Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice red picks! I have a lot of reds in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretties!! I love red polish, I usually lean towards the pink or coral tones but my absolute favorite is the crisp, clean, bright and bold red like OPI Red Lights Ahead Where? and OPI Dutch Tulips. There's something about a true red that brings out the daring side in me ;) LOL Pretty swatches lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete