Friday, May 30, 2014

Fruit Week II-Artsy Pears

Hi guys...TGIF :)  Yay for Friday, now just to get through the work day.  I'm excited for the weekend because we have some really fun things planned.  Tomorrow we are going to the Homer Soda Festival which has over 250 flavors of soda to sample.  My husband always loves the weird specialty flavors of soda in the grocery store so I knew he would get a kick out of that.  Sunday I'm going to try to convince him to take me to the movies to see X Men or Maleficent.  I haven't decided which I want to see more.  Have you guys seen either of them and if you have, what did you think?  

Today I obviously have another fruit mani, which will continue tomorrow and Sunday as well.  Tomorrow's is a surprise but I did get a request for mangoes so I will be doing that for Sunday.  Other than that, we have moved straight on to Summer here with storms and weather in the upper 80's.  Our fruit trees are doing nicely in this warm weather so I even got a shot at the end with a developing pear....we have two pear trees in our yard.


To create this pear look, it was relatively simple.  I started with a base of OPI Suzi Takes the Wheel, which is a warm toned grey.  I started with a dotting tool and OPI Don't Talk Bach To Me and created the outline of the pear.  I went in with the same dotting tool and Zoya Jacqueline for the creamy centers and then did another layer of OPI Don't Talk Bach To Me in the center of that.  I finished off with the stem and details with Essie Licorice and a small nail art brush.




That's all she wrote, have a good Friday everyone!

6 comments:

  1. These are so cute! You could totally paint those pears on little canvases and hang them in your kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so minimal, yet there's no mistaking that they're pears! Kinda still life-y. I hate pears IRL, but I love these! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving all these fruits this week. There too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo jealous about your pear trees! And these nails are super cute.

    ReplyDelete