Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Pick a past TT theme

Hi there everyone, welcome to Tuesday.  Yesterday was going really well, I was staying positive at work, walked around the yard for a bit, and did a fresh pretty mani.....and then dinner happened.  So first off I will note that we had shrimp and calamari scampi (which for me means vegan butter, gluten free italian seasoning, white wine, and some spices all over rice).  We have shrimp at least once a week and I love calamari so my husband picked up some while he was in Chicago over the weekend.  Two things of note happened.  First, he took one bite of the non-fried squid, said "I can't do it", and abandoned the bowl in the kitchen.  The man eats everything!  So I thought it was hilarious and he left the house and got Subway for dinner.  Then part two happened.  My lip swelled and I thought that was weird.  A few hours later, a two hour coughing fit occurred until I went to bed...still not connecting the dots.  This morning I woke up to bloodshot eyes, red patches all over, hives, and a punched looking eye.  Now I'm at work and two benedrylls later I'm hoping beyond hope it's not a new food allergy.  I'm trying to write this before I become too loopy to function :)

Who knew one dinner could do so many things.  Regardless, my husband's reaction still cracks me up.  So thankfully I did this TT mani Sunday night!  The prompt for this week was choose a past TT theme and re-create it.  I haven't been with the Twinsies very long so it was fun to pick out of the entire history of prompts.  I ended up choosing "someone else picks your polish" and the suggestion was to do a skittle mani.  On Sunday I sent my husband into our room to pick out five polishes.  To be fair he did take his time and went through my drawers of polish as well.  The resulting colors produced a look of horror on my face but he went with polishes that he liked so that was good enough for me.

 
The polishes he choose were:

Zoya Pepper
OPI Miss Piggy's Big Number
OPI Take the Stage
Lucky 13 Lacquer Softening the Bad Things
OPI Over & Over A-Gwen

The man likes his reds.  I actually thought he was going to come out with all reds.  I painted each nail a color and then decided on diagonals with alternating colors to hopefully (?) tie it all together.  I think my favorite combo is the middle nail, very contrast-y.





I thought this was a really fun prompt and I was very intrigued by my husband's polish picks.  I knew he liked red but the blues definitely surprised me.  Don't forget to check out the other Twinsie's below and have a wonderful day!

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra

12 comments:

  1. This isn't a combo I would go for on my own, but it totally works. Looks great Erin! Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave! I'd never let my husband choose my polish colors. He'd probably just shut his eyes and grab 5 bottles, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the kind of thing that my husband would pick out! Nice job of making all the colors work together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I hope you're doing ok now!
    Haha love how fun this mani is :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! None of them work together, which makes it totally work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this combo is amazingly colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This whole idea is so hilarious to me! I would have been horrified too seeing these polishes all together, haha! But, you did a really cool mani with them! I like that middle nail a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look like little superhero capes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry to hear about your reaction to dinner, hope you're doing much better now. I like letting my hunny choose my polishes for me, as long as he doesn't make a mess of my drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had so much fun with this theme--what a great one to go back to! Hah, I'd have freaked right out at these picks too, but I *love* the way you paired and mixed them. Really great lines on your diagonals too!

    Omigosh, what a horror story, and I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better by now. Love your husband's reaction too. ;)

    ReplyDelete