Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday-Follower Requested Mani (Fruit Week-bananas)

Hi there everyone and welcome to Tuesday.  It's the first day back after a nice long four day weekend.  The weekend was awesome!  Friday was mostly a relaxing after the work week day, Saturday was spent hiking in Indiana, Sunday was a recovering after hiking all day Saturday, and yesterday was spent playing board games and watching a movie at our friends house.  Not too shabby if you ask me :)  

I had a lot of time to think over the weekend and it has been on my mind that I might stop doing Youtube.  I do have multiple reasons but the main ones, to be completely honest, are financial and personal.  I want to be completely honest with you guys and so I have to say that it kind of became an obsession of sorts.  It started going into my work life (meaning...watching videos) and that just isn't right.  I've always had a hobby I've really enjoyed, before the blog it was scrapbooking, but I feel so much pressure to keep up with the latest makeup, trying to look camera ready when that really isn't who I am, and taking so much time just wanting to keep up with watching all the latest videos and putting less time into my blog.  The decision isn't set in stone, but I just wanted to say how I was feeling about it.

Something I never wanted to suffer was my blog and I apologize for that.  Starting fruit week has really sparked my nail art love again and that makes me really happy.  Enough rambling....time to get into the post :)  Today's Twinsie Tuesday theme was a follower requested mani, which was much tougher than I thought.  Finally yesterday I got my first request from Cait at Polish Hound, who requested bananas for fruit week.  If you haven't seen her blog, you should (hint hint....awesome swatches and a ridiculously cute dog).


To create these goofy little bananas, I started with a contrasting base color of OPI A Grape Fit, which is a red-toned medium grape cream.  I started by creating the dark banana outlines with OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys, a dark brown, and then filled in the bananas with OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana.  I added the lines in the bananas with the same dark brown and then added stems and bottoms using a medium chocolate brown, Essie Fierce, No Fear.  I finished off with Seche Vite.




I hope you like these silly little bananas, and yes, I had to include one spotted one because bananas never seem to stay fresh in my house.  Also, I did eat the banana right after the photos.  Thanks again to Cait for the request and don't forget to check out the other Twinsies down below.

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra

13 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the bananas :)

    I hope you don't stop youtube completely. I really like seeing your videos, especially when at cat or two try to get some camera time. I laugh every time a tail swishes into the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg these are the cutest! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you did these- very Andy Warhol, and the purple background is great! And thank you for the link! :3

    I love watching your videos, but I know how time-consuming having a blog is...I don't know how anyone manages to do both in a timely manner. Maybe you could just keep the channel as a supplement to the blog, and not worry too much about posting videos on a schedule/ frequently?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just way too cute! I am OBSESSED!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I love to eat bananas too! I like watching your videos but I can totally understand it being too time consuming for you to do. You can try to just do videos every once in a while when your feeling up to it instead of feeling that pressure that you have to post something up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhm I'm OBSESSED with these...don't be too surprised if you see a recreation of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it just takes stepping away for a bit to refresh our love of something.

    And seriously, this is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally adorable! I love the purple and yellow combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know where you're coming from when it comes to making YouTube videos. I hope you don't stop completely because I do enjoy the videos you make, but I hope whatever you decide to do is best for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your banana nails! I may have to recreate these soon too.

    ReplyDelete