Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Grapefruit Slice Nails

Nails inspired by Grapefruit Slices

Hi everyone.  Welcome to Wednesday!  It's been a busy work week for me, but my fruit manis have kept me entertained at night :)  I've really had fun with the nail art this week.  Today I have nail tips inspired by the inside of a grapefruit.  Originally I was going to do limes or lemons but I liked how the skin of the grapefruit was a different color than the flesh.  I'm also pretty sure I know what fruit I want to do for tomorrow, but suggestions are always welcome!  Below are my inspirational pictures.



Source                                                                                                Source
           
To create this look I started with two coats of Maybelline Color Show Porcelain Party as my background.  I freehanded the orange circles with Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up and then freehanded another circle on top of the orange with the cream color OPI My Vampire is Buff.  The last step was to take a very small nail art brush and create the pink flesh of the grapefruit.  For this I used Zoya Micky, a pretty pink.  I then finished with a layer of topcoat.  I hope you enjoy!






5 comments:

  1. These are freakin adorable :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! I love grapefruit and looking at your nails just makes me want to go and have some hehe. I'm really loving your entire fruit series... the dragonfruit and kiwi nails are adorable too! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete