Friday, May 16, 2014

Whimsical Suess Flowers and Dots

Hi there everyone....it's Friday, Friday!  Woo, I couldn't be happier that we have reached the end of the week.  I had a huge meltdown after work yesterday about everything including work, not knowing what I'm supposed to be doing, who I'm supposed to be, etc.  It was bad.  After a good cry and a few hours I got over it and now I'm just keeping on.  It also helped when I applied my first Jindie nail polish.  I will have a huge post next week of eight Jindie polishes that I ordered.

This nail art, yes, actually nail art, happened completely by chance.  I was wearing the purple polish on it's own and then decided I wanted to do some flowers.  I had the intention of doing some normal looking daisies which clearly went horribly wrong.  I kept with it and turned it into some crazy Suess inspired flowers. 


To create this look, I started with a base of OPI You're Such a Budapest.  For my accent nails of my ring finger and thumb, I used different sizes of dotting tools and the following polishes: OPI Yellowpalooza, OPI Strawberry Margarita, and Nicole by OPI Sweet on Pete.  

For the flowers, I used one tiny nail art brush for the entire flower.  I started with OPI Taylor Blue to draw the wonky base of the flowers.  With the same brush, I used OPI Strawberry Margarita to make a pink center for the flowers.  I used a dotting tool and OPI Sweet on Pete to make the dots at the end of the petals and used the pointy tip of my nail art brush for the black dots at the end of the petals.  To finish off, I used Maybelline Bleached in Peach and Essie Licorice for the dots in the centers of the flowers.  I then topcoated everything with Seche Vite to smooth it out.




Overall I really love how this look came out.  I totally didn't intend for a wild and crazy floral but I was very happy with it.  What do you think of it?  Have a great Friday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I like this a lot too. What a fun and cheerful design. I like how it all came together in the end too even though you weren't originally going for this when you started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The colours are great and its perfect for summer! I think the flowers work really well - I love it when nail art turns out completely different to original intentions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? This is awesome! I love how you created the flowers!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete