Friday, May 31, 2013

Zoya Swatch Spam Part 2

Zoya Earth Day Picks: Swatch Spam Part 2

Yay, it's Friday!  I feel like I've had a crazy last 24 hours so I'm glad the weekend is coming up.  I received a huge etsy order last night so I was scrambling to get that done, then our neighbor's transformer blew up knocking out the power and downing power lines, and to top it all off yesterday I found a doctor via a co-worker who actually diagnosed his food allergies so I scrambled yesterday to make an appointment with him with his office being three hours away.  Whew!  I need a breather today :)  

I'm excited for the weekend.  I have an eye appointment after work today...yay, no more glasses.  One morning last week I woke up and one of my contacts (from my last pair) was missing from my contact case.  I'm sure it's a little shriveled artifact somewhere in the bathroom now.  Tonight is dinner with friends and then we've got a barbeque to go to Saturday night.  I also hoped to go see Iron Man 3 sometime.  Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?

Onto the polishes!  Today I have the second half of the polishes I picked up from the Zoya Earth Day Promo.  I really love fall so I did pick up some fall shades.  First up is Zoya Noot, a deep grey green.  Formula was perfect, shown is two coats with no topcoat.  Look at how shiny it is! 


Next is Zoya Zuza, an aqua shimmer.  Formula was perfect again, this is two coats with no topcoat.  I thought this one would be more vibrant than it was, it's still a pretty color though, just not what I expected.


Oh Zoya Jacqueline, I had such high hopes for you.  I really loved OPI My Vampire is Buff and I really wanted a second bottle as a backup.  To me, it seemed a little crazy to get a second bottle of the same polish so I justified getting a similar color by saying that it was a different brand and technically a different color ha!  I didn't like the formula on this one.  It was streaky and I needed three very careful coats to cover up the bald spots.  Not your typical Zoya formula!  The color is a pale nude with a hint of yellow but it lacked the opaqueness of OPI My Vampire is Buff.


My last pick was Zoya Areej.  I have been really wanting OPI Dim Sum Plum but couldn't find it anywhere.  I thought this color was a pretty close dupe when I looked at it online.  Boy is this color pretty.  The formula was very good, two coats of the typical Zoya formula and no topcoat.  This is a beautiful medium plum color and I really love it!


2 comments:

  1. I lost one of my contact the other day too! It was just not in its case!
    I love zuza, always wanted that color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe hope your weekend is calmer and more relaxing! <3
    Love these colors, especially Zuza and Jacqueline! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete