Monday, May 20, 2013

Tulip Mani

Flowers for Mom Nail Art Challenge: Tulips

 
Happy Monday everyone!  I can't believe we are already into week 3 of this challenge.  Time has flown by.  Yesterday it reached over 90 degrees and I feel like we've completely skipped Spring and got catapulted right into Summer.  Yesterday the hubby and I got our entire garden planted.  This year we chose to plant radishes, cantaloupe, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, hot peppers, banana peppers, and sugar snap peas.  We've already gotten quite a few asparagus and our apples, pears, and peaches are coming along nicely.  If you can't tell, we have a huge backyard!

Tulips are really one of my favorite flowers.  We already had our tulips for the year, bright red ones surrounding our house.  I plan on planting more in the fall.  Here is my take on tulips.  Again, these are done with a bobby pin so please excuse the lack of detail :)


  
For this mani I used a base of the shiny pink polish Hard Candy Little Bo Pink.  The darker tulips were made with OPI Purple with a Purpose and OPI Kiss Me on my Tulips (fitting right) :)  The lighter tulips were made with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and OPI My Vampire is Buff.  The stems and leaves were created with OPI Jade is the new Black.  

Check out these other tulip designs:

Carmina from Cubbiful 


Paulina from Paulina’s Passions

Kristina from Polish and Repeat

Rachael from Rachos Nail Love

Tes from Tes Did It Nails 

10 comments:

  1. Oh how cute :) And you are so lucky to have summery weather. It's so cold and rainy here :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paulina! Hopefully your weather warms up really soon :)

      Delete
  2. cuuuute! :D
    And I love that you have your own lil' garden of tulips - so jealous! haha **

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I am jealous of your garden, that's so wonderful to plant some of your own food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, thankfully my husband doesn't mind the hard work :)

      Delete
  4. Sooo pretty! I think the lack of detail adds to the charm... they look like miniature paintings. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really pretty! Little Bo Pink is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete