Thursday, May 30, 2013

Nail Art Challenge: Abstract Flowers

Flower for Mom Nail Art Challenge: Abstract Flowers

Happy Thursday everyone!  I am glad that tomorrow is Friday.  Yesterday seemed to take forever so I'm hoping that today and tomorrow go by quickly so I can get to the weekend :)  We are finally wrapping up the Flowers for Mom Nail Art Challenge hosted by Paulina's Passions.  This was a really fun challenge but way more difficult than I expected.  I would have never thought that flowers would be so difficult but I found myself with quite a few duds throughout the challenge.  I am happy that I participated because I ended up discovering some really fun designs.  Today was one that I really enjoyed.

Today's theme was abstract flowers.  I wasn't quite sure what to do for this one, so I grabbed my new dotting tools from Born Pretty Store and went to work.  I started out with a base of Orly Glowstick.  I've been seeing pictures of this neon highlighter yellow polish and just had to have it :)  I used my dotting tools to create the larger pink dots in the background using OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender and OPI That's Berry Daring.  I did smaller dots on top of those with Essie Licorice and then did the centers with OPI A-taupe the Space Needle and Orly Glowstick.  I really liked that I came up with and they are definitely abstract!




Take a look at what these other ladies came up with here...

Carmina from Cubbiful 


Paulina from Paulina’s Passions

Kristina from Polish and Repeat

Rachael from Rachos Nail Love

Tes from Tes Did It Nails 

4 comments:

  1. Yaaay! This is so beautiful and I am loving this neon base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of pomegranate seeds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute mani! I really like the colors you chose and your abstract flowers. :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this one! And all the colours fit perfectly for a happy summer look! :D

    ReplyDelete