Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blue Chevron Mani

Blue Chevron Mani with Glitter!

Happy Tuesday everyone!  It's finally back to work for me although I am excited that this is a short work week :)  Hopefully that won't mean that next week is super slow!  Today I have a really pretty mani that I ended up really liking.  Blues are one of my favorite polish colors so I wanted to create an all blue mani.  As I've said a few times before, I'm not the girly girl type of person but I decided to add a glitter accent nail and I really ended up liking it!  It wasn't pink or anything but I think it really jazzed up this simple geometric mani.

I started off with two coats of one of my favorite bright cobalt blues, Essie Butler Please.  I used painter's tape to create the chevron triangles with Essie Avenue Maintain, a dusty medium blue.  My glitter accent nail was a combination of teal and purple glitter called Hard Candy Mermaid Magic.  I think this is one of my favorite manis that I've ever done!  What do you think?






4 comments:

  1. I have been sooo meaning to try this design, but I just never have patience to wait for things to dry :/
    Maybe I'll try this on a second day manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty mani! I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! Those two colors look great together, and the glitter accent nail is really fun! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mani and especially love the blue shades :)

    ReplyDelete