Thursday, May 9, 2013

Galaxy Nails

Galaxy Nails: My First Attempt

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope everyone's day goes by quickly so we all can get to the weekend :)  This weekend was the first one in about a month and a half that I don't have to work the entire time.  Tonight is movie night with friends and then we will be taking a trip to Ikea on Saturday to get furniture for my husband's man cave.  We had an extra room we weren't using for anything so I figured why not.  It sure made him happy!  Enough rambling....

....and on to today's mani.  This is my first attempt at the beloved galaxy nails.  I've seen tons of beautiful galaxy nails but never had the guts to try it.  After my success with watercolor nails I figured I could just translate that technique with dark colors and here is the result.



Here's all of the polishes I used: basecoat of Essie Licorice, "watercolored" with Zoya Storm, Zoya Jacqueline, Julep Stefani, Orly Tiara, Essie Butler Please, and OPI Plugged In Plum.

I think next time I will try using some lighter colors with the black and see how that goes.  What do you think?  Have you tried this or would you try it in the future?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I like yours, it's a lot more abstract compared to most galaxy nails, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete