Monday, May 13, 2013

May Nail Art Challenge: Day 3

Flowers for Mom: Perfect Gift for Mom

Hi everyone, another start to the work week.  I'm actually very excited for this week!  Tomorrow I am getting my hair dyed lighter and then Wednesday is the official end to my project, hopefully never to be seen again :)  This weekend we are also going to the zoo with our friends which should be a really fun day trip.

Today I have day 3 of the Flowers for Mom Nail Art Challenge hosted by Paulina of Paulina's Passions.  Today's theme was the perfect gift for mom.  This one was a hard one for me.  I never, ever know what to get my mom.  She says she never wants anything and will not give hints or ideas at all.  Sigh....so I decided to choose a tropical vacation as the perfect gift.  It was really funny actually because as I was doing this mani, she was just getting back from a vacation in the Caribbean.


I wasn't entirely thrilled with the outcome but I guess it is what it is.  I used a base of Hard Candy Crush on Copper.  In my mind I thought it could portray a nice bronzy tan that you would get on vacation but it just ended up being hard to layer over.  I tried to make cute little beach towels with OPI My Vampire is Buff and Zoya Blu but they didn't come out cutesy like I wanted.  I stamped the bikini, sort of invisible palm tree, sunglasses, and flip flop with OPI Kiss Me on My Tulips, OPI Jade is the New Black, and Essie Little Brown Dress.  I used Zoya Godiva as the sand which was pretty much the only part I was happy with :)

Hopefully these other ladies did better than me :

Carmina from Cubbiful 



Paulina from Paulina’s Passions

Kristina from Polish and Repeat

Rachael from Rachos Nail Love

Tes from Tes Did It Nails 

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so creative, I love the two with the pictures on them, especially the thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mani's so cute! I love how you did a different design on each nail! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete