Thursday, May 23, 2013

Poppy Nail Art

Flowers For Mom Nail Art Challenge: Poppies

Happy Thursday everyone!  Today is a fun day for me because I am going home for the first time in about four months.  I get to see my parents and sister which I am really excited about!  Today's theme was poppies.  I am very fond of poppies because of the movie The Wizard of Oz, which happens to be my favorite movie of all time.  Apparently when I was little I would have my dad put the VHS tape in and as soon as it was over, ask him to rewind it and play it again.  I've also lived in California where poppies grow wild along the sides of the road which I think is really cool.

I did these poppies before my dotting tools came so these are also made with a bobby pin (let me just say...good riddance bobby pin, the dotting tools are magnificent!).  I started with a base of OPI Chick Flick Cherry, a rich, deep red and created the poppies with Zoya Yana, OPI My Vampire is Buff, and Essie Licorice.




Check out some other poppy designs here:

Carmina from Cubbiful 


Paulina from Paulina’s Passions

Kristina from Polish and Repeat

Rachael from Rachos Nail Love

Tes from Tes Did It Nails 

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful :)
    I really love it :)
    I love the color combination :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, feels sort of art deco!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these :) Have fun with your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! Enjoy your time with your family!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and pretty!
    Have a great time with your family! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete