Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mother's Day Mani: Inspired by Mom

Flowers for Mom Nail Art Challenge: Inspired by Mom!

Yay for Thursday :)  One day closer to Friday.  Today I have day two of the Flowers For Mom Nail Art Challenge created by Paulina of Paulina's Passions.  I really enjoyed coming up with a mani for this day.  I had so many ideas but I ended up going with my mom's most striking feature...her eyes.  A bunch of people in my family, myself included, have green eyes that change color. They normally are green with a dark blue outer circle but can change from light green, to grey, to blue depending on the light.  I thought a color gradient ruffian would represent this quite nicely.  




The colors, in order, are Zoya Rikki, Zoya Bevin, Zoya Noot, and Julep Millie.  

Check out some other Mom inspired manis created by some fantastic ladies:


Carmina from Cubbiful 



Paulina from Paulina’s Passions

Kristina from Polish and Repeat

Rachael from Rachos Nail Love

Tes from Tes Did It Nails 

5 comments:

  1. I love this type of Ruffian that you chose! I especially love Zoya Noot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea. love your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thought! :) your nails are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww - love the inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your inspiration... that's really sweet! And your resulting mani is fantastic! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete