Tuesday, September 3, 2013

31DC2013: Yellow Nails

Hi everyone....at least it's not Monday right?  :)  That's always the best thing about three day weekends.  I'm actually writing this post the night before because I will be in the field all day for work.  It's definitely my least favorite part of my job but at least it takes the entire day and I will be training my very first person today.  

Today for the 31 day challenge, the theme was yellow.  Yellow is my favorite color but I don't have too many yellow polishes because usually the formula is horrible.  I grabbed a polish that I've only used once because of its goopy and thick formula, Covergirl Pina Colada.  I love the pale pastel yellow on this polish but I've never been able to wear it because of how thick it is and how long it takes to dry.  I then did a little gradient with OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke, a dense gold shimmer, and then added some dots to finish with Zoya Darcy.  I finished off with topcoat to meld everything together.





I quite like the finished result because it's classy with the gold but a little funky with the dots.  What do you think?

18 comments:

  1. Oh, these are adorable! I always have such a problem with making yellow nails, but you made it perfectly! Love them :) Posting mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yellows too but I don't have any yellows with a good formula. I love the gold one you put on top, I remember seeing that polish and really wanting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I wish they could figure out the formulas because I would love to wear yellow.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh luuuurve this one. That hellow is gorge!

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mani is so cute! I love how you combined different yellow shades into a great design... the result is awesome! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, it's really hard to find a yellow polish with good formula! the design is lovely, I love the gold gradient :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That gold gradient is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Justina, I think it really went well with the yellow.

      Delete
  7. So I totally was going to do a glitter gradient with the yellow, but changed my mind at the last minute. Now I know that it will look good when I do it in the future! Nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad I could be the guinea pig. This was actually my second "yellow" attempt :)

      Delete
  8. You know what, you're so right, yellows generally have these goopy formulas which is why I only own two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are Zoya's expensive? I also have yellow nailpolishes that aren't really good.. and usually water or transparent. But wow, yellows make me happy... I gotta look for one now!



    The Art Of Everyday | Twitter Bloglovin | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha. Zoya's are in the $8 range. They usually have very good formulas which is why I like them so much. I agree, yellow makes me happy too! It's just so bright and sunny :)

      Delete