Thursday, September 12, 2013

31DC2013-Stripes

Hi everyone and welcome to Thursday.  Not much is going on here besides being swamped with work.  Although today was the first day that I actually made an effort with the way I dressed and did my hair and makeup (i.e. actually did my hair).  I was wondering if you feel like dressing better each day makes your self confidence go up?  I kind of feel like that may be the case.  I was stuck wearing clothes from 8 to 10 years ago, which is high school and college for me, but I feel like it got me in a really big rut.  I was down to a single pair of jeans and no other pants, so when I got a package full of new pants I had ordered online, I felt so good when two of them actually fit.  I was wondering if other people feel the same way?  

And now I have just demonstrated why this is not a fashion blog :)  Today's prompt was stripes and I had a really fun time with this one, as I also love stripes.  I started with a base of a deep teal blue, Essie Go Overboard.  I then took the shimmery coral, Essie Sunday Funday and freehanded a thick stripe down the middle.  I continued freehanded stripes down the middle of my nail with Essie Naughty Nautical and then finished off with another stripe of Essie Go Overboard.





Overall I really enjoyed this look.  I thought it was a good way to bridge the gap between the deeper polish colors of fall and the bright and vibrant colors of summer.  Have a great day everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Really neat striping! And no need to say that I like the colour combination, it whispers 'autumn' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, its really nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the combination of colors, I would have never thought to put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. I definitely feel so much better when I dress and look good. Then, no matter what's going on or how stressful things get, I can always say to myself "At least I look good" lol. But it's the same with nails. ;) Love this mani! It's a great set of colors to put together! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something about this just screams fall!

    ReplyDelete