Monday, September 2, 2013

31 Day Challenge Double Post: Red and Orange

Hi everyone, I'm back!  I've been away at a lake house in Wisconsin and didn't mention anything because I'm one of those paranoid people who doesn't say when they are going on vacation.  I didn't find out until the night before we left that there was no internet at the lake house.  I feel like I'm going through blogging withdrawal :)  I've never been to a lake or lake house before and it was such a blast.  We just got back and are mosquito bitten, sunburned, scraped, cut up, and sore but I don't think it could have gone any better.  The hubby and I went with the in-laws and we spent the entire time boating, tubing, and swimming in the lake.  It was seriously such a blast!

Today I have the first two challenges from the Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge, which are "red" and "orange".  I don't consider myself very good at nail art, so I stuck with easy designs since I was trying to get them done before heading to Wisconsin.   For the red design, I did an ombre type look and then reversed the polka dots.  Colors used were OPI Chick Flick Cherry, Essie Snap Happy, OPI Red Lights Ahead...Where?, and Maybelline Coral Crush.



Next up is my favorite of the two looks.  For this look I started off with a base of Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up and then freehanded stripes with OPI My Paprika is Hotter Than Yours! and Zoya Thandie.  I finished off with a dot of OPI My Paprika is Hotter Than Yours! on the ends.




I have a bunch of new swatches coming soon so I will most likely be double posting for the majority of September.  I will be finishing up the OPI San Francisco collection and will also be showing off some indie polishes.  Have a great Labor Day everyone, I'm glad to be back!

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you joined this challenge! I missed the red nails and moved straight to orange today! Both of your designs are amazing! And I gotta say, your photos improved SO much <3 love them!
    And I am glad that you had fun at the lake house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Paulina, that really means a lot to me :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the orange one, the design makes the mani look super 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going on a vacation to Wisconsin too! But I live in Wisconsin so that's not so exciting.

    ReplyDelete