Monday, September 16, 2013

31DC2013-Tribal Print

Hi everyone.  Wow look at me up bright and early this morning.   Normally I would be getting ready for work at this hour but last night I had my worst food allergy attack yet and will not be going to work today.  And what was this horrible reaction from might you ask.....Sam's club vegetable steamers.  How stupid is that?  We later found out the package said may contain traces of wheat, dairy, eggs, etc.  That was enough to send me into debilitating stomach pain and violent sickness that no one wants to hear about.  I am still dealing with the horrible pain this morning....but look at this blog dedication :)  

Oh tribal, the bane of my blogging existence.  Overly dramatic much?  I had never attempted a tribal mani and it was much harder than I thought it would be.  My first design didn't have enough contrast, wasn't tribal enough, and photographed horribly.  For my second design, I had my husband look at it and I knew it was bad when he just stared at it and didn't say anything.  That got removed immediately.  Below is what I settled for.  Two coats of Essie Sunday Funday with some tribal accents with a permanent marker.  Definitely the hardest design of the challenge so far!









4 comments:

  1. Love this!!! I think they came out fabulous lady!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noes! *sending soothing vibes your way* <3
    This is really cute! I love that it's a simpler tribal design with just two colors. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I hope you feel better now! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looks so pretty :) Hope you feel better soon! My boyfriend sometimes does the same just stares at them and doesn't say anything, then I know they're bad :))

    ReplyDelete