Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Matte & Glossy

Hi everyone, welcome to Tuesday.  Hopefully the week is treating you well.  It's time for another Twinsie Tuesday :)  Before I get started, I wanted to give a big shout out to my TT girls.  Last week they helped me through my problems at work and are just a great support system.  

Today's theme is matte combined with glossy.  I liked this week because it pushed me out of my comfort zone.  It isn't often that I reach for my matte topcoat, so much so that I almost put a glossy topcoat over the entire thing out of habit :)


To start this look off, I put on two coats of Picture Polish Denim.  This was actually my very first time trying a Picture Polish (it was a good experience).  The next step was to cut blue painter's tape and tape off a section for the second color and a section for the bottom matte portion.  I added my purple which was Maybelline Color Show Lust for Lilac, and then OPI Matte topcoat near the cuticle.  To finish off, I did a freehand stripe with OPI Matte topcoat at the top of the purple polish.



Overall I was happy with this look.  It's not as neat as I would have liked but I guess that's why I'm always reaching for the glossy topcoat, to cover the imperfections.  What do you think of this look?  Also just as a heads up, I will be posting a new video this afternoon of my recent nail mail :)

Don't forget to check out these other fantastic ladies below!

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra

14 comments:

  1. It looks great! I need to try combining a matte and glossy finish now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I really like what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo! So unique and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great mani; both colors have a little bit of everything going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, I totally want to try this but I don't have patience like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did this! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Have you tried Revlon Emerald City? Gorgeous matte polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't! Is it like a matte emerald green? Sounds pretty :)

      Delete
  9. I love it! Have you tried Revlon Emerald City? Gorgeous matte polish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope things are turning around for you dear. This look is so cute! Love these colors together!

    ReplyDelete