Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Favorite Glitter Topper (+bonus cat pics)

Hi there everyone, welcome to Tuesday.  I'm home sick today, probably a result of the huge amount of stress I've been under.  It usually happens, nothing a day of rest won't fix.  Today's prompt for Twinsie Tuesday is favorite glitter topper polish.  It's funny because my first thought was How on Earth am I going to pick one favorite glitter?  That's like asking me which cat is my favorite...I just can't.  So, instead, I decided to pick my favorite glitter polish right now :)

So my favorite glitter right now is Nicole by OPI Be Awesome.  I love the name and the unique diamond shaped glitter and I think it looks really good over pastel Spring polishes.  I did one coat over Maybelline Lust for Lilac.



And just to prove I couldn't pick my favorite glitter just like I couldn't pick a favorite cat, I decided to include some pictures of my little furry babies :)

Immie: The newest cat of the group, she is the sweetest and most polite cat I've ever met.  She likes to walk outside on a leash and has taken a liking to the donut pillows below.


Lucy:  The baby of the cat family, she is obsessed with food, heat sources, and looks like cookies and cream.  She's stolen a piece of pizza off my plate and ran around the house with raw bacon in her mouth.


Millie:  My oldest baby, we've had her for five and a half years.  We nursed her back to health when she was a kitten and she's loved us ever since.  She's a fiesty tortie but her absolute favorite thing in the world is to sleep in the bed.


There you have it, my favorite glitter of the moment and my sweet little girls.  Hopefully this wasn't too weird of a post, it made sense in my head I promise.  Check out what these other Twinsies chose below.

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra

17 comments:

  1. Cute kitty! And that glitter is very awesome, so it's aptly named. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun polish! It's pretty unique too, which is another added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your nails, but I must admit.. loving the cats a bit more right now :) I love animals haha. They're so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I'm not keen on the glitter but the lilac polish is gorgeous! Definitely up my street. That donut pillow is the bomb too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgoodness your kitties are too cute! Also loving that glitter topper. I must find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun glitter pick! Your cats are all so adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute mani! That glitter topper looks so good against the lilac.
    Hope you feel better soon! Your kitties are adorable... maybe they can help snuggle you back to health. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get enough rest today girl! I love the base color you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I truly loath this glitter, how did you get it to go on so smoothly, when I applied it I could get like 3 on my nail, tops...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually apply it really strangely. I dip the brush and it has to have a good amount of glitter to cover in one coat. I then hold the brush tipped on the edge of the bottle so that some of the clear polish runs back in but the glitters stay on the brush. Then I dab what's left on the brush on the nail.

      Delete
  10. Your cats are so cute! I have been eyeing up this glitter so I can do a glitter placement with it! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be Awesome looks great but I bet I'd have trouble applying it. At first glance, I didn't know Immie was sitting in front of a donut "pillow", I just thought she was really tiny. LOL. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it can be troublesome to apply. Haha, to be fair Immie is really tiny, they are all about 7 pounds :)

      Delete
  12. Great glitter! I love the colors!
    Aww your cats are adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. That first top coat is really cute :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if I'd be able to wear this glitter as a full mani, but I'm loving this combo!

    ReplyDelete