Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My Mannequin Hands Polish?

Hi there everyone!  Happy Hump Day.  I'm actually pre-writing this because I'll be in the field for work today.  Thank you for all the well wishes yesterday!  Today I have a quick post that I hadn't planned on, but as I was applying this polish, I thought that maybe I had randomly stumbled upon my mannequin hands polish.  For those who are unfamiliar with the term "mannequin hands", it basically means a polish that matches your skin tone and makes your hands look really long and lean.

I'm not 100% sure if this polish is a perfect match for me, you can let me know what you think in the comments.  I would also love to know if anyone out there has found their perfect match.  Without further ado, I give you OPI Samoan Sand.


I looked at this polish whenever I went to the store, but I've never been able to pull the trigger on it.  I was happy to see this bottle as one of my monthly OPI swap polishes.  Yes, I have a swap buddy that we only exchange OPIs since we like them so much :)  I decided to try this because I liked the color and I think this one is very close to my skin tone.  I'm very pale and I also have cool undertones.  

This polish applied like a typical crelly OPI polish like the majority of the soft shades they come out with.  I used three thin coats to create an opaque finish.  The formula was really good, not too thin but also not thick.  I did use one coat of Seche Vite topcoat for my photos.



Let me know what you think in comments!  Have you found your mannequin hands polish?

9 comments:

  1. What a nice neutral shade on you! It really does make your nails appear longer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty on you! Love it! This polish is also great for glitter sammich! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a perfect match but pretty darn close ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty close! I bet from further away, it would look like it matches exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome on you! I think it's really close to your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is really close to your skin tone! I love it! I haven't found my perfect mannequin hands polish yet but I haven't really been looking either to be honest... i prefer wearing bright in your face colors hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY close! I have yet to find my perfect "mannequin hands" polish...but I won't give up until I do! (This may, of course, require me to start mixing my zillions of "not quites" together to find it...or not...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Samoan Sand is my mannequin hands polish too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must have an older bottle of this because mine is a full fledged cream, not a bit of jelly in sight, it's a perfect match on my skin tone, it even matches my foundation lol, I use it as a base 4 glitters a lot.

    ReplyDelete