Thursday, April 10, 2014

Trend Alert: Nude and Neon Nails

Hi there everyone!  Happy Thursday....one day closer to Friday :)  I seem to finally be able to get back in the swing of things which I'm very happy for.  I finally have some nail art!  I came up with the idea of a "trend series" after making plans to show my top picks for radiant orchid polishes, which I plan to film after work today.  I have a third one planned as well but if you have any trends you would like to see translated on the nail, let me know in the comments.  

For today's trend I chose neon and nude.  The look ended up being more circus-y then neon but I still liked how it came out.  I love the look of neon paired with nude and think it looks really cool, especially on the nails. 


To create this look, I started with a base of OPI Samoan Sand, which is a pretty sheer tan nude.  I layered two pieces of painter's tape on each nail and then filled in the triangles with polish and a small nail art brush.  The colors used include Sally Hansen Insti-dri Sonic Bloom, OPI My Paprika is Hotter Than Yours!, China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise, Nicole by OPI Hit the Lights (yellow), and China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard.



How do you feel about pairing neons with nude?  Do you like it, hate it?  Let me know!

7 comments:

  1. I love this look! I think it looks very summer-y and not circus-y in the least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! It looks very modern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a series of posts! Cannot wait to see what else you have planned! These turned out great. Nude and neons do go well together so this turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a trend I could get behind...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yea! Love the nude and neon trend!

    ReplyDelete