Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Hometown Inspired

Hi there everyone.  My post is late I know but it will all make sense next week, pinky promise.  So for today's TT theme, the idea was to create a manicure inspired by your hometown.  Betcha can't guess where my hometown is :)  

Admittedly I always find it hard when people ask me where my hometown is.  I've moved over 20 times in my life and have lived overseas and all over the states.  Some of the places include Illinois three times, Florida, California, Germany, and Hong Kong.  So I choose to think of my hometown as my place of birth.  That place would be Honolulu, Hawaii!


So for this mani, I knew right away that I wanted to create a sunset gradient.  To create this look, I started with a base of Barielle Banana Drop which is a pretty pastel yellow.  For the gradient I used Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up and Julie G Romeo.  I finished off with an accent nail of OPI Rose of Light.



There you have it!  Does anyone else have trouble identifying their hometown?  I think it's a transient problem ;) although I have lived in my current town for eight years, the second longest would be three years.  I do kind of miss the moving around though!  Have a great day everybody.

8 comments:

  1. How fun that you have lived in lots of different places. I was born in central PA and moved to western PA in high school - and I am still here LOL but I wish that I could have experienced more of the world when I was younger. Lovely look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You traveled and lived in so many places! That's so cool to hear. I've never traveled outside where I live but I wish I did. Great manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this color combo!!! Great mani. I couldn't imagine moving so many times. I hate moving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS sunset gradient! Love the color combo and the glitter accent. I wish I was born in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh to be in Hawaii right now! Love the gradient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's pretty awesome! I would love to go to Hawaii some day. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that you're from Hawaii! I hope to go one day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww ye this one screams summer! You are doing so many gradients and that makes me happy cuz I love em!

    ReplyDelete