Sunday, June 9, 2013

Essie Naughty Nautical Designs

Essie Naughty Nautical Collection: Nail Art

Happy Monday everyone!  Today is my big food allergy testing day.  I'm up in Chicago with my hubby for my appointment.  We came up last night to stay with my parents and then will be heading back down afterwards.  Hopefully all goes since it's going to be expensive :(  Okay, enough of my stress talking...I am actually really excited about the nail designs today.  I started with a base of the three colors from Essie's new Naughty Nautical collection.  I reviewed these colors yesterday and you can see the swatches here.  

First up is my favorite of the three, the polka dots.  I started with a base of Essie Naughty Nautical.  I used my dotting tools and used Essie The More the Merrier on my thumb, Maybelline Coral Crush on my pointer and pinkie fingers, Maybelline Green with Envy on my middle finger and Essie The Girls are Out on my ring finger.




Next up is my cloud mani.  I started off with a base of Essie The Girls are Out and created the clouds with Butter London Artful Dodger (a recent gift from my hubby), and Essie The More The Merrier.



Lastly is my chevron tipped mani, another favorite of mine!  I started with a base of Essie The More the Merrier and used two rounds of painter's tape to create the triangles with Butter London Artful Dodger and OPI Solitaire.



 
So what do you think of these designs?  Would you try them in such bright colors?


12 comments:

  1. Love 'em all and would definitely wear 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg the cloud one sort of reminds me monster inc or some disney pixar character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I never thought of that! It looks like the colors of the two colors of the main characters :)

      Delete
  3. I love them all, but I think the chevron design is my favourite! I love how you've combined all the colours on each design :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just loved how the colors melded together!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your allergy testing! :)
    These manis are so cute! I love the dotticure and the clouds mani is really pretty too! Great job! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. the polka dot one is so fantastic! definitely gonna try that! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should Steph! It was my favorite of the bunch and I actually wore it for more than a day :)

      Delete
  6. They are all so beautiful. Bright colors are perfect for the summer!

    ReplyDelete