Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Summer Cloud Mani

Summer Cloud Mani

Hi everyone, happy Sunday!  I had a nice relaxing day yesterday which I loved :)  Today we are headed out with friends to go see Monsters Inc. University.  I've always loved animated movies, they usually make me cry more than regular movies lol.  Today I have a mani that I wore yesterday.  I love cloud manis because they are simple to do and I love the endless number of color combinations that can be done.  I started with three coats of OPI My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours! which is a fiery bright orange.  I layered on China Glaze Sunday Funday, a pretty ocean blue and then finished off with two coats of Maybelline Color Show Porcelain Party.  It was an unusual color combination for me but I really liked the impact of the white against the bright colors.  Finally I finished off with one coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust, a recent addition to my collection.

I mentioned a few days ago that I decided to do my very first "no buy" month in July.  I wanted thought I should do this in anticipation for the fall collections coming out.  Fall is my absolute favorite time of year so I'm sure there will be lots of colors that I want to pick up.  Have any of you ever done a no buy?  Naturally I plan on going to Ulta today for one last fix ;)



13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it is free-handed. The bumps in the clouds are made with the bottle brushes.

      Delete
  2. I hate that I haven't picked up that OPI yet. I love this combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty and also good for stamping. Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Pretty combination ...love it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You are really good a free-hand! At the beginning of June, I said I would do a no buy, but it didn't work... Good luck with yours if you do one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a nice compliment Clare :) I'm going to try hard on my no-buy, but I can't guarantee anything lol!

      Delete
  5. Good idea! I'm planning on doing a no buy too. I love your color choices here. This its great for the forth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!! I love them !! My no-buy always turns into just-buy lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great set of colors to put together! And I always love your cloud manis... the lines are just so perfect and clean! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete