Sunday, June 9, 2013

Essie Naughty Nautical Collection

Essie Naughty Nautical Collection: Swatches and Review

Happy Sunday everyone!  I know I had said that I was posting this on Monday but with the nail art, it would have been a massive post with almost twenty pictures.  I decided to split it up into the swatches and the nail art.  Today I have swatches for three of the colors from the collection.  I bought Naughty Nautical and received the two other colors from a giveaway :)  Let's get right to it!

Essie The More the Merrier:

The More the Merrier is a bright chartreuse green.  This is the only color in the collection that doesn't have shimmer.  I always prefer colors without shimmer and I thought this one was fantastic.  I used two coats for the photos below with one coat of Seche Vite topcoat.  Not everyone will like this unique color but I really liked it!  The formula was a tad bit tricky.  I used one thin coat and then a second careful thick coat.  I don't own anything like this in my collection and this was a welcome addition.



Essie The Girls Are Out:

The website describes this color as a fuchsia peony sparkle.  I think this color is a purple-leaning fuchsia with a hint of silver shimmer.  I wasn't sure how I would like this color but I ended up loving it.  The formula was great, two easy coats without topcoat below.  I don't own anything like this so it was another welcome addition.



Essie Naughty Nautical:

Lastly is my favorite, the namesake of the collection, Naughty Nautical.  Isn't that a fun name?  This polish is a marine blue-green with silver shimmer.  As soon as I saw the preview for the collection, I knew it had to be mine.  I love this color so much!  It actually might be one of my favorites in my entire collection.  The formula was great on this one, two easy coats with no topcoat. 



This collection really impressed me.  I thought the colors were unique and the formulas were good.  Tomorrow I will have nail art for each color and let's just say...I'm really excited for this post!

4 comments:

  1. Loove the green, it's my fave out of all the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three colors are really pretty and perfect for summer! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete