Monday, October 20, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday-Odd Inspiration :)

Hi there everyone, welcome to Tuesday.   Hopefully the week is treating you well.  Today's Twinsie Tuesday is a really fun one, inspired by something odd like an object around the house or something that wouldn't really be nail art inspiration.  I wanted something fairly easy because it's still a little difficult to paint my nails but I came up with a great item...my fuzzy bathrobe :)  

I'm not a huge bathrobe wearer but I definitely like it for the weekend mornings when I'm just bumming around, usually writing blog posts and eating breakfast.  I've always been a big fan of polka dots and my robe is a simple combination of black with big white polka dots.  I even tried to include the non cat fur covered bits below ;)


I wanted to re-create my bathrobe so I started with a base of OPI Lincoln Park After Dark.  Although not technically a black polish, it's a really deep purple and it pretty much looks black in all lights.  Funny enough in all my huge OPI collection, I didn't get this one until recently!  I then took a larger sized dotting tool and the white polish, OPI Angel with a Leadfoot, to create the bigger white polka dots.  I didn't finish with topcoat because I wanted the white dots to stand up off of the black background.




Nice and simple...hopefully I'll be getting into more detailed designs next week or the week after :)  I can't wait to see what other odd inspirations my fellow Twinsies re-created!

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace  
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
​
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish

5 comments: