Monday, October 20, 2014

China Glaze Halloween 2014 Collection-Apocalypse of Color

Hi everyone, welcome to Monday.  I hope you all had a great weekend.  It was the same old same old here.  We did have a great time yesterday with our friends who came over to hang out.  They knew I couldn't do anything so we spent the entire time watching 90's shows like Power Rangers and Legends of the Hidden Temple and laughing our butts off.  It was great :)  This week will be my second week at home recovering after surgery.  

Today I have swatches of the entire China Glaze Apocalypse of Color Collection and this was the collection I really was looking forward to when I heard about it.  This collection consists of five new polishes and one repeat polish, the glow-in-the-dark topcoat.  Let's get right to it.

But of Corpse-

First up is a really unique polish, one that I really haven't seen before.  At it's base, this polish is a grassy metallic green polish with black, gold, and silver shimmer.  The formula was a little bit interesting on this one, one that you have to be careful with to not overwork, but overall I didn't have any problems with.  I used two coats with no topcoat and you can see that it dries to a satin finish.  This one can be a one coater if you are careful.




I Love Your Guts-

Next up is the...creepy cousin (?) of the first polish.  Same idea, but opposite color theme.  I Love Your Guts is a pinky red base with black and silver microglitter.  This formula was the same as the polish above.  Just be prepared for a really opaque formula and go for as few strokes as possible.  I used two coats with no topcoat below.




Ghoulish Glow-

I wanted to show Ghoulish Glow briefly below because it is part of this collection, although it has been released before.  As you can see I just slapped two coats on my bare nails and it does leave a little bit of a chalky film on top which could be smoothed out with topcoat.



Don't Let the Dead Bite-

Next up is a really unique offering of the group, which to me looks like ground up guts.  Don't Let the Dead Bite is a pale pink jelly base with a ton of different sizes of red glitter.  The formula was good on this one and I used two coats with topcoat below.




Getting to Gnaw You-

Next up is the ultimate Halloween-colored polish in my opinion.  Getting to Gnaw You is a black-based polish with orangey copper microglitter.  I really liked that the glitter didn't get lost in the base.  This polish was super opaque and it was perfect in two coats.  It does dry textured but topcoat makes it nice and shiny.  I wore this one to the pumpkin patch this year and it was perfect.  I used two coats with topcoat below.




Rest in Pieces-

Last up of the group is the true glitter topper, Rest in Pieces.  This polish is a mix of gold and black glitter is mostly hex and bar glitters.  It is a little bit heavy on clear base so I ended up using two coats of the glitter over Barielle Moda Bleu.  I did finish off with topcoat.




Overall I'm pretty happy with this collection.  I really like the zombie, ghoulish theme as I'm a huge fan of zombie fiction and shows like The Walking Dead.  My favorites are But of Corpse and Getting to Gnaw You.  What do you think of this collection?

2 comments:

  1. These are nice! Love the first two ones the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome collection, great to see some unique and unusual polishes

    ReplyDelete