Monday, October 13, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday-I Keep Meaning To....

Hi everyone, welcome to Tuesday.  I hope everyone is having a good week.  Right now I think nail polish is the only thing keeping me from losing my mind :)  Two weeks of recovery with very limited movement is going to be a long time, and I'm barely at half a week!  Although, I am excited for tomorrow because my mom is coming to visit.  That will be a nice treat from being home by myself.  

I was lucky that today's theme could be without nail art because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it.  One of the possibilities for today was "a polish I've been meaning to try" and I knew I had the perfect swatches just waiting to be posted.  I ordered Zoya Yara back in the Spring during the Earth day sale because it ended up on many people's favorites lists and was supposed to have that olive-y money look.  Let's take a look below.


Zoya Yara is a medium warm olive green with gold shimmer.  The formula was really creamy and opaque on this polish and it was perfect in two easy coats.  For my swatches I used two coats with topcoat.  I did like the color on this polish and I do think it's reminiscent of money, but I do wish that the gold shimmer stood out a little more on the nail like it does at the top of the bottle. 



Overall Zoya Yara is a good polish and I don't have anything like it in my collection.  It won't end up being one of my favorite Zoyas because I wish the shimmer was stronger but I like it.  Do you own this polish?  What do you think of it?

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace  
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
​
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty green this is! Love the shimmer in it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your recovery goes well! This is very beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this color, and it seems fitting that you ordered it as part of the Earth Day promo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty green! Wishing you a speedy and smooth recovery!

    ReplyDelete