Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday-Your Least Favorite Polish

Hi there everyone, welcome to Tuesday.  I hope the week is going well for everyone.  If you skipped my post yesterday, I have some exciting news.  This weekend I tried dairy (a little experiment since I had my gallbladder removed) and I had no allergic reactions.  Before if my husband drank milk and kissed me or cheese even touched my food I would break out in hives and be sick for days.  Last night I ate chips with cheese and salsa and then we ordered gluten free Domino's with light cheese and I had four slices.  Not healthy, no, but cheese is my favorite food and I haven't had it in two years!  I am SO happy right now.  I didn't even really work yesterday, I just sat excited at my desk thinking about food :)  I do plan on trying my other allergens, but I'm trying to go slowly so I don't overwhelm my system.  

See, told you I was excited!  Today's TT prompt was an interesting one.  A few months ago I put together a blog sale and most of the polishes I didn't care for went into there.  Might as well have other people love them!  I can't part with my OPIs however, and you know I can't really love all those colors.  I went with the first polish that popped into my head as the one that I really can't stand wearing as a full manicure, OPI San Tan-Tonio.


Now, there's nothing wrong with this polish per-say, I just can't get into it.  I've worn it several times trying to make it work, but I end up taking it off right away.  These caramel/butterscotch type of warm light browns just look horrible on my skin tone and completely clash.  There's also one from the new Nordic collection, Going My Way Or Norway? that I feel exactly the same way about.  That was the runner up for this post actually.

If you do like this color, the formula is really good, I used two easy coats with topcoat for my swatches.  I think this polish would look nice on someone with neutral to warm-toned skin, olive skin, or anything darker than my ghost complexion.  I do use it for nail art though.



Sorry, I had to...look....I ate this.  Clearly I will never be a food blogger.  I also didn't realize that I didn't wait to take a bite of one of the pieces before I took a picture haha!


Have a great day everyone!  Leave me a comment with a polish you hate, let's compare :)

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace  
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish

13 comments:

  1. oh my gosh can't believe how exciting it must be about the CHEESE. yum! also yeah, with you on these camel browns...just not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this color on you! I have to say it wouldn't be a go-to for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... that's amazing! I know how hard it is to exclude gluten and dairy, especially when you eat out, because so much western food seems to be one or the other or combination of both. Your meal options will definitely widen out ... what a lovely unexpected bonus! I would also agree on the caramel brown polishes ... I don't really have any colours in my collection that I dislike, but I do have one with a rotten formula: China Glaze 'At Vase Value'. I am so in love with the colour, and I really wanted it to work but the application is a nightmare. It does seem to divide opinion; some people like it, but it dries so quickly that it drags and leaves bald patches as it's applied. Even with three careful coats it's still a lumpy mess and life is just too short to mess about with polish like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if my first comment posted so I'm sorry for a double comment! Not crazy about this shade but I understand the need to hold on to classics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a nice polish but I would probably keep it as a nail art base or something along those lines. I don't think it would look good on me as a full manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree, some of these brown neutral colors don't look good on me too. I always have to do some nail art or add a glitter on top. Its so awesome to hear that you are able to eat the foods you weren't able to before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you were able to get back into the Dairy foods; I LOVE cheese and PIZZA so that part of the post makes me happy! I think that shade could go either way; I feel like I would want it in my stash and then not love it with my skintone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay dairy!! And cheeeeese! That's wonderful news! I'm with you on colors like this. I love the color, just not on my nails. And I can never part with my OPIs either! Except those dreaded minis. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are doing better and yay cheese!! Lol! Totally agree on the color, I couldn't pull it off either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! I feel the same way about this polish, so when I do wear it, I always put a coat of CG's White Cap over it. Super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I own Going up my way or Norway? and everytime I put it, I can't stop looking at my nails because I can't figure out if I like it or not! Why do we put ourselves in this stessful situation?!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your food success story! I think this polish looks beautiful on you, too, it is a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For years, I thought I was lactose intolerant, and would take Lactaid with any form of dairy. Then I, too, had my gallbladder out, and whee! Cheese all the thigns! :) The only thing that sometimes still gets me is if I have too much milk.

    ReplyDelete