Thursday, November 20, 2014

Formula X Alchemy-Swatches and Review

Hi there polish friends, welcome to Thursday.  Last night I was definitely in lump mode.  It's just too darn cold here and my hormones were just all over the place.  I was happy because I had cheese with dinner, then mad because I ate all the chocolate yesterday, then crying for no reason #justgirlythings  Does anyone else hate those #justgirlythings on pinterest?  Haha, I do!   I couldn't hold in the crazy last night.  Then right before bed I got the brilliant idea to convince my husband we should switch around our spare rooms (just convince him, not actually do it).  Somehow through all that I did manage to fall asleep right away, too much crazy.

Today I have a polish I couldn't wait to show.  I know I'm behind on swatching collections, my hands are like lizard dry.  I've been slathering them with lotions and oils and wearing the dorky gloves when I sleep but nothing is helping.  Anyone have any suggestions for a really strong hand cream?  I do promise to catch up this weekend, dry hands or not!


Formula X Alchemy is a polish I picked up during the Sephora VIB sale when it was 20% off.  I saw it in the catalog of holiday gifts and although I don't normally buy these polishes because they are pricy, I thought it was too pretty to pass up.  I think it's sold out online but I would check in-store if you are looking for it.

This polish is a loaded dusty platinum antique gold shimmer with multi-colored shimmers.  It does look different in different lighting, sometimes it looks gold, sometimes a little bronze, and sometimes even a touch purple.  The array of shimmers is beautiful and really sold me on it.  I see gold, blue, purple, and copper.  The formula is really great and opaque, I used two easy coats with topcoat.





I'm in love with this polish.  It's nothing like I've ever seen before and just so unique and sparkly!  It is limited edition so if you want it I would try to find it as soon as you can.  What do you think of this polish, will you be buying it?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, hello new lemming! Actually, that polish reminds me of something....but I can't think of what.

    Have you tried pure lanolin? You can get it on Amazon or in the drugstore marketed as nipple cream...lol. :D I swear by it, but the cold is wrecking my cuticles too. Blah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous polish... some of the FormX polishes have really surprised me! I agree though, the prices are a little high for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This polish is gorgeous! Wow, I want to get it now. I haven't tried any of the Formula X polishes yet too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a suggestion--Josie Maran's 100% argan oil. You can use it all over your body, even your face. Sooo good. Extremely hydrating. The only place I know to get it is QVC...it's pricey, but worth every penny. There is even a petroleum jelly-like consistency that she sells if you want added oomph. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is TOTALLY gorgeous! I saw it in Sephora the last time i was in one but passed it by :( I might have to get it after all!

    ReplyDelete