Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My First Twinsie Tuesday: Favorite Color Combo

Hi everyone, welcome to Tuesday.  I'm back at work today after essentially going stir crazy being trapped in my house.  I probably shouldn't be here considering I was hoping to make it through my 25 minute drive this morning without flying off the road and dying.  The roads were a sheet of ice, but somehow I made it.  Anyways, today is an exciting day because it's my first ever Twinsie Tuesday post. 

I had been following the Twinsies since I started blogging and I was asked to join about a week and a half ago.  I couldn't be more excited!  For my very first prompt, the theme was "favorite color combo".  This was harder than I thought.  I can think of so many color combinations that I like....black and pink, pink and blue, teal and coral, the list goes on.  I finally settled on the combination of white and pink.  I've been seeing so much home decor on pinterest with white and pink and it felt so clean and open.  I won't lie....I added the glitter because it ultimately reminded me of a cupcake :)  So in the end, I started with the inspiration of home decor and wound up with a cupcake gradient!


To create this look, I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, my favorite white.  I dabbed on OPI Pink-ing of You to create the pink and white gradient and finished off with a painted gradient in OPI More than a Glimmer.


Don't forget to check out these other fantastic ladies and let me know what you think of my cupcake gradient in the comments :)

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra


17 comments:

  1. This mani is amazing. I'm so glad you are part of TT now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, the glitter tips are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! It's so exciting to have our first Twinsie post!! I love the way that glitter looks with the gradient! It's soft and fun at the same time. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is gorgeous!!!! How come I do not own this OPI Glitter???? Also, My Boyfriend Scales Walls is my favorite white as well, as well as CaseyLane's :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, so funky and girly at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I definitely get the cupcake vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great!!!! Love the clean cupcakiness you've got goin on!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute mani! I would totally wear something like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really beautiful Erin!! Glad you made it through your drive. Welcome to TT!}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful combo! More Than A Glimmer is so gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty - the colors work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you added the glitter to this! Really tops it off! I'm glad to have you a part of TT now Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These really do look like cupcake nails! They're so cute! So happy to have you as a Twinsie!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute!! I love this mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy you're part of Twinsie Tuesday! This is so gorgeous!! MBSW is such a great white! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhh I need this glitter in my life, it's so pretty!! Glad to have you apart of TT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It does look like a cupcake! Really awesome job! I'm your newest follower by the way :-)

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails

    ReplyDelete