Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Nail Art: Dream Destination

Summer Nail Art Challenge: Dream Destination

Hi everyone!  You know what Thursday means...one day closer to Friday :)  I had a hard time deciding on a "dream destination" for today's challenge.  I needed some inspiration so I looked to my pinterest board.  Originally I wasn't really thinking and thought...I'm going to do a mani based on the aurora borealis.  Like a dummy, I didn't realize it was in the winter until my husband mentioned it.  Well I ditched that idea.  I went to my pinterest travel board and came across a beautiful picture of a tulip field in Holland.  I immediately knew that I wanted to recreate it.   Here is the picture: 

I have a thing about photographing nature, especially flowers and think this would be such an amazing experience!  So many vivid colors all in one area and tulips are one of my favorites.  I started out with a base of OPI Jade is the new black and used my smallest dotting tool from Born Pretty Store.  I wanted to create a stippled look like the picture.  The colors I used, in order, are Essie Butler Please, Essie Avenue Maintain, China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, OPI Cajun Shrimp, OPI Purple with a Purpose, OPI That's Berry Daring, Maybelline Porcelain Party, and OPI Done Out in Deco.






8 comments:

  1. omg! This is soooo coool :) They look like tulip field in Holland. You recreated your dream destination beautifully <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's perfect!!!!! I wanna go there toooooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, it's like a mini painting on your nail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! Tulips in the Netherlands is on my bucket list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I love your inspiration and the outcome was fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tulips are my favourite. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that's a beautiful mani! It looks like little paintings on your nails. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete