Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Shimmer Polish Erica: Swatches and Review

Shimmer Polish: Erica

Hi everyone, happy Wednesday!  Half way through the work week, hopefully it goes by quickly!  Today I have another Shimmer beauty.  This was the polish I was really lemming for and I finally caved and bought it the other day.  Best choice ever!  All I can think now is the meme Buy all the Polishes!

Shimmer Erica is described as a peridot green shimmer.  I see a mix of light green, gold, holographic, silver, and teal glitter.  This polish is so sparkly in sunlight and even inside.  I'm staring at it in low light right now and it is sparkly as ever.  I decided to do three different swatches to show the versatility of this polish and I think it looked equally good over light and dark polishes.

First up is my dark base coat with photos taken in sunlight (yay for summer!).  For the swatches I used three coats of OPI Vant to Bite my Neck? and then used painters tape to create a diagonal with two coats of Shimmer Erica.  I topped it off with one coat of Seche Vite topcoat.


My second look is a glitter triangle tip with three coats of Butter London Cheeky Chops and two coats of Shimmer Erica.  I included both sunlight and lightbox photos.  The swatches are taken with one coat of topcoat.



Last up are opaque swatches.  The formula was exactly like Shimmer Jasmine.  Perfect density, no fishing for glitters, and full opacity in three coats.  Photos are taken without topcoat this time and are taken in both sunlight and in the lightbox.


And of course....a beautiful macro to show all of that glitter goodness!


This polish is available for $12 on etsy...which can be found here.  I hope you enjoy, I know I am :)

13 comments:

  1. Love Shimmer Polish!! Erica is just gorgeous too

    ReplyDelete
  2. the yellow mani looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that was the one I decided to keep and wear :)

      Delete
  3. I love me some sparkle!! These are all gorgeous. Love the way they've done different shapes with the sparkle too!

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because before these I didn't really care for glitter. Now I'm like...Must Have ALL the Glitters! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the ideas your coming up with on how to wear these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of that polish and I love the different ways that you wear it :)
    I also love the name of the polish itself cause it reminds me of one of my middle names.. Erika :)
    I have tagged you on my blog with the Beauty Blogger tag :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie, that is such a sweet compliment :) Thanks for tagging me!

      Delete
  6. Oooh another gorgeous Shimmer polish! I love all of these manis, especially the one you paired with the yellow! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete