Monday, June 24, 2013

OPI Gargantuan Green Grape: Two Versions

OPI Gargantuan Green Grape: One Name, Two (Three?) Colors

Hi everyone, welcome to Monday.  The weekend definitely went by too quickly!  If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed my sizable Ulta haul on Saturday.  I noticed a beautiful pale blue polish on the shelf, one I had never seen before, and had to have it.  I picked it up, looked at the name, and to my surprise found that it was OPI Gargantuan Green Grape.  A few weeks ago, I picked up the pale, minty version of the same polish.  When I got the minty version, I had to decide between the pale, minty cream version and a second green version which had more yellow and appeared to be on the crelly side.  So now I'm up to three different versions of the same polish.  What is going on?  Nevertheless, today I bring you the pale blue and the pale green versions.

First up are the bottle comparisons.  One in the lightbox, one with the names (for proof I guess?), and then in the sunlight.




Onto the actual polishes....first up is the pale mint version.  The formula was difficult, it flooded my cuticles and I needed three careful coats to cover up.  Guess what, I don't care!  The color is too beautiful so the bad formula goes to the back of my mind.  All photos are without topcoat.

 


Finally is the pale aqua blue version.  This polish had a hint of green and a little bit of dustiness too it.  The formula was the same as the green but again, the color was just so stunning.



Do you own this color?  If so, what version do you have?

22 comments:

  1. This is so crazy!!! I have a theory now that you posted this!!!! I have a bottle of China Glaze Refresh Mint that is totally BLUE!!!! Maybe something happened to the pigment over time and turns it blue? Did the bluer bottle look like it had been sitting around? Mine did. It had that little layer at the top of clear liquid. Haha it's a CONSPIRACY!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, maybe you're right. The bottle didn't seem old though. Haha it is a conspiracy....either that or the fumes are going to our brains :) lol

      Delete
    2. haha you're probably right!!

      Delete
    3. I also own a blue Refresh Mint! :-)

      Delete
  2. That is so weird!! My version is green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird. I wonder if they miss-labeled the blue one. I have the green one that I got when the collection came out and I'm pretty sure that's what the color is suppose to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So strange! I don't have this one but I'm pretty sure most swatches I've seen have been green. Weird!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, what a strange mix-up, I think it's a mislabel too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of them are really beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah that's crazy! I've seen the blue version of this polish in stores and thought it was odd since it had the word "green" in its name. Now that I see your post, I'm guessing it was suppose to be green. I wonder which color the blue really is cause it's beautiful!! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've totally sen both versions and have been so confused. glad to know I didn't imagine it. not sure which version I like better but they are both lovely.

    the painted ninja

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pale blue is from it being "old". I have this same color. Bought it in it's green hue, a year later I have pale blue now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pale blue is from it being "old". I have this same color. Bought it in it's green hue, a year later I have pale blue now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read on ChitChatNails all about the whole different batch colour theory, because I have the same problem with my GGG, as well as with China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the blue and green. The blue one is old. Very odd. I must check my flip flop fantasy and refresh mint now...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's not a misprint!! I have both versions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also, mine was blue when I bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The green was green when I bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mine WAS green and now is blue!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mine is still mint green. Love it but actually the blue looks pretty amaze too

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read somewhere else that opi has been changing colours slightly. There's another polish (the name escapes me) which used to be a pale pink but is now an off white with a pink hue but they're the same colour as far as opi is concerned

    ReplyDelete
  19. How do I buy the bkue, I can't find it ANYWHERE :/

    ReplyDelete