Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Moonrise During Sunset Mani

Summer Fun Nail Art Challenge: Sunset Nails

Hi everyone and happy Tuesday.  Today I have the very first installment of the June Nail Art Challenge: Summer Fun.  Today was the very first day and the theme was a sunset gradient.  Well I gave the gradient manicure a try.....big failure.  I just could not get it to work.  I think I need to study up on it because my makeup sponge just soaked up all my polish and that was pretty much it.  I decided to create a sunset mani with the watercolor technique.  I then had the idea to create a rising moon over the sunset.

Polishes used for the sunset include OPI Eurso Euro, Zoya Yana, OPI I Saw...You Saw...We Saw...Warsaw, and OPI Vant to Bite My Neck?  For the moon I used OPI My Vampire is Buff and Essie No Place Like Chrome.  I created the moon with a dotting tool.  I really liked how it came out.



6 comments:

  1. Oh this one is unique, not quite my cup of tea because feels too abstract but the idea is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Jasmine. Based on my traffic today, everyone else thinks this is a dud too! Can't win em' all :) Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. That's so cool! I love how the moon is progressing through the sky across each of your nails! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! Especially the moon rising and setting! I think this is so unique! P.S. Wet and wring out your make up sponge before putting on the polish and it won't soak it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors, and the moon rising/setting is a great idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete