Monday, August 11, 2014

Lemming Conquered-OPI Damone Roberts 1968

Hi everyone, welcome to Monday.  Another Monday, another start to the work week.  Not much else to say besides it's going to be a full week of work and nothing else is planned for the weekend yet.  Super exciting I know ;)

Today I have a really exciting polish because this polish was a huge lemming of mine ever since I had heard about it.  OPI Damone Roberts 1968 is a polish that was released years ago I believe, the last time being 2009 from what I can tell.  The polish was created to match the walls of Damone Roberts Beverly Hills salon.  I saw swatches of this polish and knew I had to have it, but it couldn't be found anywhere.  Then through a few blogs, I found out that it was being re-released this year, albeit at a hefty price tag of $20.


This polish is a really unique one and I really had to wear it to tell this.  This polish is supposed to be a minty green with a hint of grey and a hint of brown and I think that's pretty true.  I think I settled on a dusty spearmint green cream, at least that's what I think it is.  Like I said it's very unique.  Besides the color being beautiful, the formula on this polish is amazing.  Normally mint greens can be a pain but this one was perfect in two easy coats.  For my swatches I used two coats with topcoat.



Because of the price, I waffled back and forth on getting this even though it was a huge lemming of mine.  Originally it was going to be $26 with shipping so I waited and then weeks went by and I decided to bite the bullet and order it.  Surprisingly the second time I went to order it I only got charged for the polish and not for shipping.  Score!  Overall it was worth it and I'm glad to add this polish to my collection and check it off of my lemming list :)  Do you have this polish or plan on getting it?

3 comments:

  1. This green is nice! I like the color a lot but the price is a little too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have spent $20 on polish before, my RBL army can attest to that, but for some reason I just can't with this one! But the color is soooo perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting your lemming and having it turn out beautiful! It looks really lovely on you. :) I think it's a little too dusty for me, which is a good thing cause of the hefty price tag. But I think if they ever release it at OPI's usual price, I'll probably pick it up because like you said, it's quite unique. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete