Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday-Interlocking Design

Hi guys, welcome to another Twinsie Tuesday.  I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pull this off last night but thankfully I did and I'm happy with what I'm showing you today.  I've been on a very quick downward spiral since last week.  Yesterday entailed blocking every bit of light out of my office and then sitting in the dark for 9 hours.  Tomorrow is my much anticipated ENT appointment but I also made a realization last night.  I've had really severe eye pain for the past five days or so, like almost not being able to open it, and I think it's from a blocked tear duct.  It's been there as long as I can remember but I looked at it last night and it seems to have doubled in size.  I'm at a loss for who to go to for it but if it turns out that was the cause of my migraines, I would simultaneously be relieved it was something small like that, but also think that that would be one of the most ridiculous causes I could think of.  Enough of the update, and onto the nails.  I do appreciate the support I've gotten from people, bloggers are regular people with everyday problems and as much as I haven't wanted all of this to affect my blogging, there's no doubt that it has...

Today's Twinsie Tuesday was an intimidating one for me because I don't think I've ever done an interlocking design before.  I've done puzzle pieces over a year ago but that was my one and only attempt.  After some research, here's what I came up with!


I started off with a recycled mani that I had been wearing yesterday.  It was a simple combination of OPI Kiss Me I'm Brazilian (the pink) and dots on my ring finger in Formula X Invincible (cream).  I taped off different portions of my nails and added the green which was Essie Ruffles and Feathers.  I finished off with my corresponding dots and added some green to the accent nail.  With some topcoat added, it was that easy.




Overall I was happy for the experience to experiment with a nail design I had never tried.  I really liked the color combo and how the final product looked.  I can't wait to see my fellow Twinsie's designs.  Also if my fellow Twinsies are reading this, I have obviously not been good at leaving comments but I do take the time to check out each and every mani I promise!

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace 
 Anna at Going to the Showing  
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
​
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish

8 comments:

  1. Feel better, girly! And you knocked it out of the park with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I really like the two colors together too. Feel better too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the color combo! Can't go wrong with pink and green! Good luck at the ENT! I go to one on a regular basis and it's pretty good (for the most part lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh these are so cute! Loving the colors together. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the different directions of the design on each nail that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful!! i think it looks great :) i also want to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty!! Love that you did the interlocking dots differently on each nail.

    ReplyDelete