Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mint Polish Comparisons

Mint Swatch Comparisons: China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On, Essie Absolutely Shore, and Essie Mint Candy Apple

Happy Saturday everyone!  Not much going on here, just lounging around and watching movies.  I love those kind of days :)  Today I have a comparison of three mint colored polishes.  I've been on a real mint kick lately, from some home decorating, clothes, and nail polish colors.  I just can't get enough mint.  I even gravitate to them in the store.  I swatched three polishes, one China Glaze and two Essie.  For all the swatches I used no base coat or top coat and two coats of each.  For the photos, I used China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On on my pointer and pinkie fingers, Essie Mint Candy Apple on my middle finger, and Essie Absolutely Shore on my ring finger.  This is what I used in each photo plus a bottle shot of each polish.  Keep reading for my thoughts on all three polishes.  I hope you love mint as much as I do.  What do you think of mint?  Love it or hate it?


The three colors with a bottle shot of China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On.  This is a brand new color from the Avant Garden Collection.  This color is a pale mint with a shimmer finish.  I really liked this color, I used two coats for the photo above (pointer and pinkie fingers).  My only concern was the polish was a bit thicker than I normally like.  Good coverage though.


This picture includes a bottle shot of Essie Mint Candy Apple.  This polish is shown on my middle finger.  Out of the three, this has the strongest mint color and had no shimmer.  Shown is two coats.  The polish was a little bit difficult to work with  to get full coverage in two coats.  I think the color was worth it though.  It is my favorite out of all three.


This picture is of Essie Absolutely Shore.  Two coats are shown on my ring finger.  This was the thinnest polish of the three but if you are careful you can get away with two coats.  This polish is a very pale mint green with no shimmer.  I liked this one very much.


Bottle comparisons of all three.  I though the first two would be more similar based on the bottle shots but they are quite different.  I love all three.


No comments:

Post a Comment