Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Seasonal Gradient

Hi everyone, welcome to Tuesday.  Thank you to everyone who left me a nice birthday message, I really did appreciate it!  I wasn't in the best of moods yesterday to be honest.  I had a really bad skin reaction on my face (I think from a new face wash) and it has turned my face into a red rashy reptilian-looking mess.  It's painful, looks disgusting, and won't go away.  That kind of put of damper on things haha!  I am back at work today and we had a snow storm overnight.  Driving this morning scared me because the roads are icy but what can you really do.

Today our theme for Twinsie Tuesday was Seasonal Gradient.  I had a little bit of a struggle with this one because I had so many ideas in my head.  One afternoon I was driving home after work and the sky was the coolest color.  It was mint and sky blue and the clouds were a deep purple and the rest were pink.  I don't think I've ever seen a mint colored sky before, but it was really cool.  That's where the inspiration from this mani came from :)


To create this mani, I started with a base of Essie Absolutely Shore, which is a very pale mint color.  For my gradient, I sponged on China Glaze Fancy Pants and then finished off with a piece of glitter on each nail from OPI I Snow You Love Me.




Don't forget to check out the manis from these other fabulous ladies.  Have a great day everyone!

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish

Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails

Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish

Traci at DrinkCitra

31 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! I hope your skin clears up soon! Happy Belated Birthday! This mani is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin this is so fricking pretty! I love those little diamond-y things

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks beautiful, reminds me of the movie frozen though I havent watched it yet! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, good eye! I haven't seen it either but I want to :)

      Delete
  4. This gradient is gorgeous! I love the little studs you added too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect as always. The bling makes this even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant combo! Loving the seamless gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great combo! Hopefully your skin clears up soon doll. Have a birthday re-do this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your thinking KayJay...maybe a little shopping is in order? :)

      Delete
  8. This is so beautiful Erin!! I love everything about it. So sorry about the bad reaction. I hope the rash goes away quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so for the sweet words Marisa, I appreciate it!

      Delete
  9. I'm allergic to everything so I completely can commiserate with your skin issue. Hope you're feeling better! But just focus on these nails, they're gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this color combination! The glitter was a really nice touch :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dislike icy roads and sorry to hear about the bad reaction. I hope you're feeling better. This is a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I learned to drive in Florida so the ice is tough for me. Thank you ChiChi!

      Delete
  12. This is so pretty Erin! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful gradient. I've been wanting to do something similar for a while but I just keep messing up. Gradients are another issue for me that I hope I can overcome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty gradient, and i loveeee the added glitter piece. So simple and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are really cute!! I love the added glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a gorgeous mani and I *love* that you added the little glitters from I Snow You Love Me. They make for a really cute finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your skin is ok now! This gradient is lovely :D I really like the added glitter!

    ReplyDelete