Sunday, April 14, 2013

Julep Maven Box: April

Julep Maven It Girl: April 2013

Happy Sunday everyone!  Today I have my Julep Maven subscription for April.  I chose It Girl this month because I wasn't sure if I wanted the cuticle product.  Last month I chose Boho Glam and was really happy with it.   I will say that I was really torn about this box, two successful polishes, one disaster.  Read below...



I will start with my favorite from the collection, Mackenzie.  Mackenzie to me is a granny smith apple green with a hint of shimmer.  I really liked the color of this polish.  It was a little on the thick side but offered good coverage in two coats.  Very pretty for spring and summer.  Above pictures have not topcoat.



Next up is Eden.  I again liked this one.  It's a bluish purple color that dried to a semi-matte finish.  I used two coats in the above photos.  I chose to show the semi-matte finish.  This color reminded me of a purple jelly bean.



Last up is the dud in my opinion.  Let me start off by saying that I love yellow, so I was really excited about this polish.  The color was really good, a bright cheery yellow.  The formula was awful.  I used three coats with no topcoat for this polish.  First, it was really thick and streaky.  Second, I could not for the life of me get it to dry.  I've tried it twice now, used Seche Vite topcoat and still ended up smudging an entire hand and having to take it all off.  Ugh, I really wanted to love it but I can't.  

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  I will be swatching like a fiend today haha.

5 comments:

  1. All really beautiful colors, shame about the yellow though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH - I love all of these 3 colors - strong, bold and lovely!!
    Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Abbie. I didn't have any problems with it. I wonder if your bottle was a dud. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. julep polish formula can be pretty inconsistent -_-

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the same box I chose this month... I was really drawn to the bright colors! The green is my favorite and it look fantastic on you! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete