Friday, November 29, 2013

Glitzy Glazes Halloween Collection

Hi everyone, happy Friday!  I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving.  Obviously I've had a weird posting schedule this week and that was because I've been in Marco Island, Florida.  I don't like to say when I'm on vacation (paranoid much?) but I'll be heading back home today.  This was the first time my family went away on vacation for a holiday and it was really awesome.  Thanksgiving was never really my holiday and now that I have food allergies, it really isn't :)  Let me tell you though, Christmas is my holiday.  I plan on decorating this weekend!  Anyways, we spent the week down here, right on the beach and it's been fantastic.  Eight years ago I lived in Florida and I was sad to move away.  

Today I have a belated Halloween collection, which I actually won in a giveaway.  I tried to pair everything with non-Halloween polishes to make them appropriate for Fall.  You can read more about each polish below.  

Crypt Doors Creak-

First up, was visually my favorite polish just by looking at the bottles.  However, this one had the harder formula to work with.  This polish is a combination of matte grey, white, and black glitters in various shapes in an iridescent sheer purple base.  My problem with this polish was that my glitters stuck to the bottom and sides and I got so much base when trying to dig out the glitters.  I tried shaking, turning the bottle upside down, tilting the bottle but they continued to sink.  I used two coats over Essie Playa del Platinum, which is a light grey cream.



Dying to Meet You-

Next up is one of my favorites of the four!  Dying to Meet You is a very unique polish and is a medium cool blue shimmer with small glitters.  I'm pretty sure this would be easy to build up on its own but I chose to layer one coat over OPI Incognito in Sausalito.  




Cadaverous Pallor-

Next up is by far one of the most unique polishes I've ever seen.  Cadaverous Pallor is a nude jelly polish with plum colored hexes and gold bar glitter.  The formula was slightly thick, but nothing problematic.  I liked this polish because it reminded me of funfetti cupcakes, just with subtle colors.




Grim Grinning Ghosts-

Last up, my favorite, Grim Grinning Ghosts.  I wasn't sure about this one in the bottle, but on the nail I loved it.  This polish is a delicate combination of pastel lime green and white glitter in a clear base.  I used one coat of OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay.  I think this polish could be very versatile and used over just about any color :)  The formula was perfect.




Overall I was really happy with my Glitzy Glazes prize winnings.  Let me know which one is your favorite in comments!

1 comment: