Thursday, October 10, 2013

OPI Stay The Night: Swatches and Review

Hi everyone, happy Thursday!  One day closer to Friday :)  Today I have a quick post of a polish that had been on my wishlist since it came out.  OPI Stay the Night is from the Mariah Carey collection that came out at the beginning of this year.  Let's get right into it.

Stay the Night is one of OPIs liquid sand polishes and is made up of black texture and red glitter.  The formula was a bit sheer so I used three thin coats for my swatches.  I also thought that this polish dried very quickly as well.  I really love how the red pops against the black. 




I am still on the fence about textured polishes so I really got this one to try with topcoat.  Boy does this baby shine with topcoat!  The red stands out so much more and to me it makes the polish looks like burning embers in a fire. 



Overall I was pleased with this polish.  I love how it looks both with and without topcoat, but I think it's most beautiful with the addition of topcoat.  I also think this polish would make a really great accent nail as well.

Did you pick this polish up?  Which do you prefer....textured or shiny?

3 comments:

  1. It looks great both ways.. I guess I'd wear it either way depending on the look/nail art I am trying to do.
    So far, I've only worn it textured as an accent nail lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great color, and it looks awesome both ways! I think for me, the textured version edges out the topcoat version, but it's pretty close. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm the version w/o the topcoat is very halloween-y actually

    ReplyDelete