Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pinspiration: Dot Manicure

Hi everyone.  Today I have a simple pinspiration mani to share.  This look was very easy to do, but I really liked the final result.  Here is a cropped version of the original picture.  I really liked the contrast of the background color and the dots.  I also really liked how the dots weren't perfectly round, I think it added character.


Source

Now....here is my version.  I think I never really realize how small nails are until I try and put a design on them :)  My dots ended up being closer together, but I wanted to include a bunch of colors from the picture.


I started with a base of Essie Playa del Platinum, which is a mix between tan and grey.  For the dots, I used various sizes of dotting tools with L'oreal Not a Cloud in Sight, OPI My Vampire is Buff, Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up, OPI Red Lights Ahead...Where?, and Julep Millie.



So there you have it.  I quite like it, it reminds me of a nice beachy setting with its mix of nautical and summery colors.

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Your design looks just like the picture! I know what you mean about your nails being smaller than you think - I always think I have lots of space for nail art and then I realise my nails are tiny! :D

    ReplyDelete